Criminal Justice and the Workforce System
webinar series presented by
Center for Employment Opportunities
purchase each webinar for $100.00 each
Partnering with Probation and Parole
November 10, 2021 - 12:00pm - 1:30PM EST
When working with clients in reentry, it’s critical to work effectively with probation and parole agencies. This hour and a half webinar will provide insight and strategies for partnering with probation and parole to support job placement.
Key learning objectives include:
- Identifying the differences and attributes between probation and parole
- How program referrals fit into a reentry process
- Best practices for staying in touch with Corrections agents
- Ethical challenges many professionals face when aligning program objectives with corrections agencies
CEO experts will also explore a high-level overview of their engagement process and next steps for community partners looking to take action to support this population.
This webinar is ideal for frontline staff, case workers and community organizations looking to train and hire individuals with a justice involved history. There will be an opportunity for Q&A with the experts to support the learning.Register
Understanding Ban the Box and other New York regulations
December 8, 2021 - 12:00pm - 1:00PM EST
The reentry hiring landscape state by state and even city by city. This hour webinar will explore both national and local Ban the Box regulations with a lens on New York State, and will also touch on current policy changes affecting the reentry employment field.
Key learnings objectives include:
- Guidance on how to educate employers and respond to violations
- Addressing the legal implications when an employer requests to avoid certain convictions
- Introducing the concept of “collateral consequences” and its database
- Understanding occupational licensing
- Explore the Voting Rights restoration for people under Parole supervision.
There will be a brief overview of bail reform with a focus on how it may affect a person’s employment journey.
This webinar is ideal for frontline staff, business services, recruiters, and human resource professionals looking to train and hire individuals with a justice involved history. There will be an opportunity for Q&A with the experts to support the learning.Register