2021 Mental Health Virtual Training Series
presented by the Mental Health Association of New York State
Mental Health & Wellness 101
November 16, 2021 - 12:00PM - 1:00PM EST
Mental Health and Wellness 101 helps participants to understand mental health in a holistic context and utilize basic mental health awareness in order to self-care and help others.
Mental Health and Wellness 101 participants will:
- Increase basic knowledge of mental health to help reduce stigma.
- Understand Mental Health as a continuum of wellness that defines us every day — it is illness, recovery, and all of the space in between.
- Promote wellness, treatment seeking behavior, recovery, and self-care.
Why is this important?
Consider this: the median time between the onset of mental illness (when symptoms first appear) and when an individual gets appropriate treatment is 10 years. During that time, a person is likely experiencing periods of increased symptomology and periods of wellness. Mental Health and recovery are dependent on an individual’s ability to recognize and manage where he/she is each day on the continuum between wellness and illness and take care accordingly, an important piece to quality of life. Education and early intervention promotes wellness.
This webinar is ideal for frontline staff, managers and human resource professionals. There will be an opportunity for Q&A with the experts to support the learning.Register
Creating a Wellness Mindset
December 14, 2021 - 12:00pm - 1:00PM EST
The language of health has gone through many changes and currently, the word ‘well-being’ is gaining popularity because it encompasses the broader dimensions of our overall health. This presentation provides a framework for how to create a ‘wellness mindset’ that will support the practice of continuous self-care.
Creating a wellness mindset involves becoming intentional about our choices, inner dialogue, boundaries, expectations, and communication. The practice of self-care involves being mindful of our choices and how and why they direct our overall health outcomes.
Participants in this webinar will:
- Develop an understanding of a wellness mindset and its impact on overall wellness.
- Explore the process of creating a wellness mindset, including; inner dialogue, self-compassion, expectations, boundaries, and self-care.
Developing a Trauma-Informed Approach
January 25, 2021 - 12:00pm - 1:00PM EST
Developing a Trauma-Informed Approach can be implemented in any type of service setting or organization and is distinct from trauma-specific interventions.
In this training participants will:
- Understand the widespread impact of trauma.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of trauma in clients, families, staff, and others involved with the system to avoid re-traumatization.
- Integrate knowledge about trauma into policies, procedures, and practices.
- Build a framework that responds to the connections between trauma and behavioral health challenges.
This webinar is ideal for frontline staff, managers and HR professionals. There will be an opportunity for Q&A with the experts to support the learning.Register